Tuesday 29 January 2013

Burt's Bees Lip Balm Review; Pomegranate Oil and Acai Berry

I am a lip balm addict, I always have been and always will.

Raved about by beauty lovers out there, Burt's Bees are a brand that have been meaning to try for some time now, I am not entirely sure what has stopped me purchasing these before - other than perhaps, my HUGE collection of other lip balms. But last week I bit the bullet and bought two.


Burts Bees Pomegranate Oil Lip Balm;

To start I was really looking forward to using this, I love pomegranate and heard it left a tint on your lips. But initially I was disappointed, the smell is slightly herbally and to me nothing like pomegranate. Its not off putting but wasn't what I was expecting. I also found that it doesn't tint my lips, its described as a "hint of colour for an even-toned appearance" which I dont see at all. My natural lips might be too pinky for it to show up, which I think might be the case. The formula its self actually makes my lips pretty soft, and they stayed that way for a good few hours after it had worn of, which is great as I do find some balms don't leave much effect once they've worn off.

Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Acai Berry Lip Balm;

Now this one I picked up by chance, and I'm so glad I did. After a few days and nights using this it definitely rejuvenated my lips, and improved and smoothed their texture. It makes my lips soft and when it absorbs, my lips are moisturised and I don't feel I have to re-apply again. The smell of this balm is a pleasant bubblegum and berry fragrance similar to that of grapes. It applies smoothly as it very soft lip balm, and doesn't apply too thickly or feel heavy. This one doesn't have any colour to it, which I was surprised at but it does not make a difference as I normally stick a lipstick on top.

Overall I prefer the Acai Berry balm as the smell is lovely. Both nourished my lips but I don’t find them that spectacular compared to other brands like Carmex, Nivea and Vaseline. Saying that I'm happy to have them in my collection, and will use them up.

Have you tried any other Burts Bees products?

Leave me a comment,

Emily x

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at these yesterday in Debenhams and wondering how good the tint was on the coloured ones. I haven't ever tried them but I am a big fan of carmex. Maybe when I have some more pennies I'll try one.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lipbalms but don't know if I would fork out for Burt's Bees on a regular basis!! may have to spoil myself and get one, they look lush.
    Becca. x

    www.beccamolly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete