Sunday 12 August 2012

17 Photo Flawless Primer Review

Hi everyone,



I have another review for you today, and this time it is 17's Photo Flawless Primer.




Now this has been my go to primer for a long time, on and off for around a year I think! I have bought quite a few tubes of the primer as I do really like it.


You can get this for £4.99 from Boots 



Now 17 claims that the primer will "not only will it ensure your make-up is even by minimising pores, it will create the perfect canvas for your foundation allowing it to glide on seamlessly.”



The formulation is silky and smooth, which I think must contain silicone, although I can't find any ingredients online so I cannot be 100% sure! The product blends into the skin so easily and settles within a few seconds leaving you with velvety skin, which I think matches the description of the product. My make-up I feel does lasts longer when I use this too. Normally I have to touch up midday but I can push it a few hours longer using the primer. 

Now the only thing that I think doesn't live up to the claim is the pore minimising as I don't think this primer does that at all. I mean I don't think I have large pores, but I still don't see any difference in the size of them. So if that is the main reason you are thinking of trying this, I would probably skip it!

I also have a small issue with the tube. The tube is squeezable, meaning it lets air in when product is squeezed out, which then causes the primer to fly out when you next use it. It literally explodes out of the tube when you put a tiny bit of pressure on it! This can be solved by depotting it, but tbh I would rather not need to do that!


So yeah, I really like how it makes my skin feel and how it makes my make-up last longer, just not the tube. Plus for the money, I think it is very good!

I think I am going to try Revlons primer next, as I have heard good things about it :)
Have you tried this? 
Which primers do you recommend?

Leave me a comment,



Emily x

6 comments:

  1. Rimmel's Fix & Protect primer is really good, I keep meaning to do a review of it. It's not aimed at pore minimizing but if that's not what you were after you might like it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a review! I think I'm going to get it :D xx

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed using this when i had it, it reminds me a lot of the Smashbox Photofinish Face primer.
    Great review :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. was looking for a cheaper primer alternative, so might give this ago now! great review and blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete