Monday 20 August 2012

Tangoed Time; Garnier B.B. Cream Miracle Skin Perfector

Hey girls!

Recently I ordered a sample of the Garnier B.B. Cream Miracle Skin Perfector and honestly I was so disappointed.



 If you haven't been heard of a B.B cream it stands for blemish balm, it is sort of the middle ground between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation, but supposedly better for your skin. They normally contain ingredients to provide anti aging, whiting, soothing, healing or repairing qualities. They first became popular in Asia but are now sold by a lot of 'drugstore' brands. 


First off the Garnier sample is a really good amount, you get 3 full packets with enough product in them to cover all of your face. So that is pretty good, the only positive I can think of!

The smell of this B.B cream is pretty good, fruity almost which I found really pleasant but I think it is too strong of a fragrance for a face product. I can see it being a problem on sensitive skin as it already slightly irritated my cheeks a little bit as I was applying the product and my skin isn't particularly sensitive.


Next I was completely confused at the colour of this B.B cream - I mean its called light but looks orange! It is way to dark and orange to be anywhere near the colour light, for me this shade would be more suited to someone with a mid-tone warm skin colour. Even after my initial "oh my this is orange" reaction I applied it to my face to see if the colour would look different - it didn't. It left me looking orange and greasy -hence no pictures- and gave me a beautiful orange face and jaw with a pale neck. No one, and I mean no one looks good like that, I washed it off in about 0.3 of a second, so luckily no one could laugh at me and my Oompa Loompa appearance.



Going back to the greasy feeling I had, the product is really thick.  It feels tacky on the skin and makes my skin feel like it can't breathe. Its just nasty and I dont like it.

So yeah, overall you can probably tell I do not like this at all and will not be purchasing it at all.

Have you had a different experience with this? 

Leave me a comment,

Emily x

8 comments:

  1. i found it realy orange too the only bb cream i like and have found that is actualy light enough is the MUA one.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to have a look at that one next time I'm shopping <3 xxx

      Delete
  2. I tried this a while ago and hated it, it was way too dark and I hated how greasy it felt on my skin I haven't tried a bb cream since but garnier have released a new version for oily to combination skin which may be less greasy
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the colour is the same then it just wont work! I've ordered a skin 79 BB cream so that should be lighter <3 xx

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many people say this about this BB cream... i dont think i'll be trying this out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your pale then really keep away :P xx

      Delete
  4. I would prob find the colour too pale, it is a rather odd sort of colour, I don't think I know anyone who would suit it colour wise. After your thoughts I doubt I will purchase it though. Great blog btw! I'm now a follower.


    Tia
    xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know anyone that this would suit either :/

      Thank you lovely :D xx

      Delete