Sunday 17 June 2012

Review; Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge


Afternoon guys :)
 
Today's post will be about the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge.

In the packaging, as I threw mine away ages ago!

I'm sure we have all heard good things about the Beautyblender, but for me £16 for ONE sponge is incredibably ridiculous. So this is where the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge comes in! I picked this up around a month ago now for less than a third of the price of the Beautyblender, at £4.99 and worth every penny in my opinion. 


Firstly, I normally used to use ELF's Powder Brush, simple make up sponges or just my fingers to apply foundation,  but after all the hype around these sorts of sponges I wanted to try this out. 


Cosmo says...

"This blender sponge allows for flawless application of foundation, using a bouncing or 'stippling' method to blend make-up which leaves an airbrushed looking finish"



The Cosmopolitan blend perfection sponge is made of a strange latex material - almost like one of those squeezy stress balls.  It's soft, smooth, doesn't drag on the skin at all and has one really rounded end while the other is pointed. It therefore works very differently to a normal foundation sponge. It's to be used in a "bouncing" motion over the skin, with the larger ball area covering the face, and the pointy end to get into all the nooks and crannies like around the nose or eyes. The bouncing motion means you are stippling the foundation on to give quite a thick but airbrushed finish.



As you can see my sponge has been used and is dirty, but it can be easily cleaned by using 
brush cleaning or baby shampoo - I use baby shampoo! It does take awhile for the sponge to dry, I found 3 days at the longest but since I use and wet it everyday I cant say it bothers me at all. 
The directions are to wet the sponge, squeeze out the excess water and use it damp. I was a little skeptical using it wet, as sometimes I find that even though I squeeze all the water out, I am left with a wet feeling on my face. But this sponge doesn't do that, and really does need to be damp to work best. 

Freshly washed with baby shampoo, still full of water.


Freshly washed, all the water squeezed out.


I choose to dot my foundation onto face first then use the sponge to blend, but you can apply it direct to the sponge if you want. I wouldn't say I found it gave a particularly 'airbrushed finish', but my foundation looks so much more natural now. 


To finish off, I really love this little sponge and will carry on using it. 
Have you tried this sponge or the Beautyblender? 

Leave me a comment,


Emily X

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of getting one of these sponges and your review has definitively made me want to go out and get one. Although I'm not quite sure what a "bouncing" motion is, is it the same as dabbing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is, but its kinda link dabbing and rolling at the same time :) xx

      Delete