Saturday 28 July 2012

NYX Round Lipstick in Power Review

Hey guys,

Today I will be doing a review on NYX Round Lipstick in Power. I have owned this lipstick for over a month now and have grew to love this shade.



What NYX says; "NYX Round Lipstick is our classic lipstick for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvet texture, saturated colour and it resists wear and smudging. It?s your go-to lipstick. From Pure Nude to Pink Lyric to Chic Red, Round Lipstick is available in a jaw-dropping 144 shades."


The colour looks very pink here, but it isn't that colour at all :S

The colour of Power is really interesting as I don't think I've ever seen a colour like it before. Its a cross between a grey-lavender and a bubblegum pink, and on my lips looks a lavender nude. So this is a very different lipstick for me as I've said this before and I will say it again, I am not a nude lipstick fan, I love brights! I mean some people would never consider it a 'true nude' but for me I it is.


I think this lipstick would look best on a cool skin as I think it may make people with a warm skin tone look like a corpse or a victim of hypothermia, not a good look unless its for Halloween!


Now the formulation of these lipsticks is the thing I don't like. I know people rave at how creamy these lipsticks are, but for me they are too creamy. This makes them easily slip off your lips and makes the lasting time really poor. Power lasts about 1 hour before I have to reapply, and that's without eating or drinking. 



Have you ever  tried NYX Round Lipsticks? What is your favourite? 
Leave me a comment,

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. Hey! :)
    I just wanted to let you know that I gave you the Liebster Award. Read more here - http://turquoisedreaam.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award-giveaway-reminder.html

    Miss K

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour actually looks really unique! I've never tried the NYX lippies but I've heard they are amazing by some, and a few people have the same thoughts as you - too creamy!
    The colour looks SO different in that second picture than the swatch on your hand hehe!

    Otherwise I think it looks nice on you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for the price they are worth try, you might love them :)

      I know, it must have been the lighting, I didn't notice until the photo was uploaded and I cba to retake :P

      Thank you lovely :D xx

      Delete