Saturday 21 July 2012

Review; Revlon Matte Lipstick in Stormy Pink

Hey girls,

Im here with another lipstick review today, it is another Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in the colour Stormy Pink. This colour was featured in the fall 2010 collection, Suede Rhapsody, however it is now been added to Revlon's permanent range. 































What Revlon says; "Revlon® Matte Lipstick gives suede-like application and maximum colour. Rich matte colour glides effortlessly across lips. Suede-like cushion without drying."


The colour of Stormy Pink in the bullet looks like a very vibrant candy pink, almost fuchsia with blue under tones. However when swatched the colour becomes more muted and doesn't look as bold. On my lips it looks it looks like a very toned down version of MAC's Pink Nouveau (comparison picture below) I do really like this shade and is a colour I didn't have in my collection.


The texture of this 'matte' lipstick is very moisturising, especially compared to Revlon's Pink Pout in the same range -review here. I would still exfoliate and apply a lip balm before hand, but it was a nice surprise to find it didn't dry my lips. When you do apply it to the lips the colour is slightly sheerer than I would like, but it can be easily built up with out it caking. The colour is still bold even though it is sheer, but not in a 'in your face' sort of way like MAC's Impassioned. 

The finish of this lipstick is nice, I wouldn't say it was matte but more like a MAC luster or satin finish as it gives a little bit of colour but also has a small amount of shine in it. Like I mentioned before this is very different to the other matte colour I have in this range. The lasting power of this lipstick is on the shorter side of what I would like, lasting around 3 hours. With eating or drinking, it would wear quicker. The lipstick has a very faint smell that I can't put my finger on. The smell is nice, and once on the lips completely disappears.

My other pink lipsticks swatched against Stormy Pink;




T-B
1. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Stormy Pink
2. MAC Lipstick in Pink Nouveau 
3. MAC Lipstick in Saint Germain
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout
5. NYX Round Lipstick in Strawberry Pink
6. NYX Round Lipstick in Narcissus

Like I said I believe Stormy Pink is a muted version of MAC's Pink Nouveau, below it is swatched between  Pink Nouveau and Saint Germain.  


I think Stormy Pink fits well between these colours, although its not as pigmented I think looks like a mixture of both MAC lipsticks.

Overall, I really like Stormy Pink and am looking to trying other colours in the Revlon Super Lustrous range.

You can find this lipstick at Boots for £7.49  or on eBay, I got mind from this seller for only £3.50

Have you tried this lipstick? Or another good one from Revlon?

Leave me a comment,

Emily x


6 comments:

  1. That colour is lovely! Mac st germain is one of the best pink lipsticks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I love St Germain x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour is gorgeous! I love a good bright lipstick, I'll definitely be checking this out! Thanks!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i may have this color! is it sad that i can't remember? either way its really pretty =D

    ReplyDelete