Wednesday 25 July 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Lilac Pastelle Review!

Hey guys

Since getting into lipsticks I thought it would be time to expand my limited lip gloss collection! First, I have to mention that I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses, they are just something I was not really interested in.

So I did a bit of research (consisting of me covering my hand in lip gloss swatches in Boots and reading reviews!) and decided to try the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss since I loved their lipsticks so much. I've never tried any Revlon's lip gloss formulas, well maybe when I was really young, but I went in with an open mind since I've had my share of both pleasant and unpleasant experiences with lip gloss! I chose the colour Lilac Pastelle as I was looking for a gloss for MAC's Saint Germain and thought it would go nicely.


Lilac Pastelle is a pale, milky lilac colour which has a glossy cream finish and a teeny hint of shimmer. It goes on evenly and smoothly, plus for a purple it is extremely wearable as it is sheer, but buildable. The texture is nice and isn't very sticky, however this gloss' lasting power is excellent! It lasts a really long time by itself and over a lipstick, around 1 hour which I think is pretty good! The only downside of this gloss is that it settles into the fine lines in your lips and leaves what looks like purple vains on the skin of your lips, this is easily sorted however by rubbing your lips together.



The gloss has a normal doe foot applicator which doesn't bother me but I know some people prefer brushes. The applicator allows a smooth streak of colour all over the lips as well as dabbing it on too. The part of the packing where the lip gloss is held is very tight meaning no excess gloss is left on the applicator, also no lip gloss flows out of the top when the applicator is removed.

The top swatch is one swipe of colour,
 the bottom is two layers of the gloss dapped on.


The only negative aspect of this gloss is the smell, it smells like plastic or something on the lines of that, luckily this doesn't affect the taste at all. I wish these gloss' had a smell or taste, something fruity or vanilla-ish like MAC. 


The awkward lip swatches!

Sorry it's a bit blurry,
 I can't take pictures up close of my lips properly,
so I have to zoom in!

Overall, I really love this lipgloss and I think I might be checking some more out!

Have you tried this collection? Or have a lip gloss you think I should try?

Leave me a comment,

Emily x

2 comments:

  1. Great post, this colour is stunning! I've tagged you in my 8 Most Worn Things post so please check it out on my blog xx

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete