Sunday 8 July 2012

Review; MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage

Hey guys,


It's been a while since I started using MAC's Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage, 7 months in fact! I remember at first when I got it, I really liked it but it was quite expensive so I only used to use it for 'special occasions' but after a month of owning it I just decided to start using it everyday as makeup doesn't last forever! 





What MAC says; " An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder"


 The primer has a creamy consistency, not the clear silicone type most primers have. It is quite a nice change as it didn't feel greasy on my face like some others that I have tried, but still makes my make up go on so smoothly. When I first got it I was worried about my makeup sliding off but it stays on all day and it makes my face feel glowy. 


The primer is pearly white with tiny flecks of glitter. I use only about a pea size amount and thats enough for my entire face.

The only thing I find annoying is the packaging. It comes in a black opaque bottle and you can never tell how much you have unless you pop the bottom off -shown below- I have about 1/3 left. 

I just stick a bobby pin in the end, where the hole is, then *pop* the bottom comes off :)
Inside of the tube

Over all, I think MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage is a good buy. It makes my skin feel smooth and soft, and it prevents foundation from caking. But I will say that not everyone will like this primer due to the light reflecting particles, even though they are very small and not visible they glowy effect may not be for you. 

What is your favourite primer?

Leave me a comment,

Emily x

6 comments:

  1. Benefit POREfessional is great! It's expensive too but I find it lasts ages. I'm still using a sample size I got free last month!

    Emily x

    http://emilyx0.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive had a sample size and tbh it didnt rock my boat. It was okay, but a bit meh :( xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not using a primer at the moment, but I did like the Benefit POREfessional as well. It was amazing... just haven't found the need to repurchase.

    <3 Rubiiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be the only one not liking the POREfessional :O It didnt do much for me xx

      Delete
  3. i have a gosh primer and porefessional, they're both great on me but gosh is more affordable so i find myself using that more. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use the Gosh primer years ago! I think I might pick it up again :D xx

      Delete