Tuesday 17 July 2012

Face Wash Series; Lush Fresh Farmacy

Hi everybody,

Today I will be reviewing Lush's Fresh Farmacy face wash. 

Now I'm going to just state that I don't like this face wash. Its just not for me at all and lucky I just have a sample.



What Lush says; "To make this soap gentle enough for use on the face, we cut down the amount of soap in it and replace it with other ingredients to help the skin. This makes a mild soap that is great for both face and body."


First off the soap its self smells funny, like herbs and generic soap. At first it didnt bother me, but now when I smell the soap it makes me not want it going anywhere near my face let alone on it!

Next is that it doesn't lather like a soap, it doesnt lather at all! You have to scrap the product agsints your face to get any of the soap on your face. Lush says "we cut down the amount of soap in" so I'm guessing that's why. But I don't understand why they did it, surely a soap has to lather?


Those small bubbles were a result of rubbing my hands together with the soap for about 3 minutes!

Another thing is that it doesn't even clean my face! I always remove my makeup with a baby wipe then wash the remaining off with a face wash but this doesn't do it, I end up washing my face at least 3 times to get rid of the make up. Then immediately after use, it dried my skin and made it tight and uncomfortable. 

I also noticed no difference in my spots, blackheads or redness so I would say this is waste of money.  For me it did nothing. However if you do want to try it out and if you live near a Lush you can pop in and ask for a sample.

Do you like this cleanser?

Leave me a comment,

Emily x

2 comments:

  1. I don't seem to have much luck with Lush facial products, I tried the Cupcake face mask and felt dizzy from just the smell, then it made my face tight and itchy! So disappointing when everyone else seems to love the brand.
    I hope you find a cleanser you do like soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not good! D: I normally love lush but this was utter rubbish for me :( xx

      Delete