Friday 16 March 2012

Review; Dark & Lovely Softening Oil Moisturiser

Hello Everyone, 


I'm not sure how I feel about this hair oil, I bought in Boots last week for £2.05 and have used it 4 or 5 times. I bought this one because the "kids" aspect appealed to me because I thought it would be less heavy than the adult version, plus it smelt amazing. I had read a good reviews on it and was intrigued by its claim of relieving tender head-ness, but I just don’t know, something about this makes me feel apprehensive about putting it on my hair...


The colour is a pale pink and the formula is very runny, the smell as I said is amazing, like hubba bubbas. 

What it says"Dark & Lovely Softening Oil Moisturiser is for relaxed or natural hair.  Perfect Performance Technology contains a blend of coconut oil and milk thistle and leaves hair soft, shiny and healthy-looking every time.  Dark & Lovely Softening Oil Moisturiser provides long-lasting manageability and relieves tender headedness."


The first time I used this I put it on freshly washed hair which was towel dried, but I used WAY too much, and the next morning I woke up and my hair was a greasy ball. YUCK.

But the next night I tried again using ¼ of the amount, just applying it to the ends of my hair. In the morning my hair felt soft but still somewhat greasy, like I had not washed my hair for days but only on the ends.

So I thought to give it a try with different approaches, instead of putting it on when my hair was wet I would let her hair air dry completely and then apply it. I used the same amount as the night before, and it seemed to absorb slightly better. When I woke up the next day the ends of my hair felt moisturised, but felt liked it had a coat of something on. I could feel the product in my hair, which I HATE, and my hair felt heavy, like something was weighing it down.

One last try I thought. Instead of running it though my hair I used the smallest bit and scrunched it in. This seemed to work as the next morning I couldn’t feel the ‘heaviness’ and my hair still looked clean and felt soft.

I also applied it to my extensions to see if it would help them, which I think it did. It made them smooth and soft, and smell yummy.

Overall I think this is way too heavy for my hair, but I will still use it on days my hair feels super dry and in my extensions. I'm a little disappointed to be honest.

If you have used this and it has worked, leave me a comment telling me how you used it, 

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment